Wednesday, March 14, 2012

THE LATEST

I spoke to Dr. N's assistant and we scheduled the date of Sydney's surgery for Wednesday, June 13, 2012.  That is the soonest available date.  I was hoping we could get in sooner so it doesn't have to loom over us for so long but June was the earliest.  I am waiting to receive a packet in the mail with all of the necessary information regarding what must be done prior to surgery.  It is my understanding Sydney will have to take a pulmonary test and once we determine her blood type someone who is a match will have to give a unit of blood.  She cannot donate herself because there is a weight requirement that she does not meet.

I also scheduled a pre-op meeting with the surgeon for two weeks prior to the surgery.  At that point all of our questions will be answered.  We're beginning to compile a list of things to ask.  Sydney wants to know how long it will be until she can play piano, swim, etc.

In the mean time, we've been keeping very busy and Sydney does not seem overly preoccupied with the thought of surgery.  As the date approaches I know all of our worry levels will rise but for now we are taking it day to day.

After all there are still lawns to mow: 


And piano recitals to perform:





And, of course, baseball to be played: 



2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a predicament to have. With your families’ resolve, Grandma on down, I have no doubt that Sydney will come out of this stronger than ever before. I mean, come on, she is already pretty amazing.
    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm O+ blood type and have great veins -let me know is Sydney needs a pint, I'm happy to do it.

    ReplyDelete